Meet William “Bud” Frabell
Bud began in the industry as an engineering technician with Koyo Corporation in 1999. Bud was studying engineering at Cleveland State University and subsequently earned his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in May of 2002.
In May of 2012 Bud joined Midpoint Bearing assuming a dual position as Field Sales as well as Corporate Engineer. Bud is what we like to refer to (jokingly) as a bearing geek.
For more than 15 years his experiences have allowed him to see first-hand how bearings react in application. He shares his unbiased wealth of knowledge with a dedication to root cause failure analysis almost daily with a host of varied customers and suppliers. We are proud that Bud shares the same information through his writings in Bud’s Take.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW BUD'S TAKE
- Issue 1: Bud’s Take on Precision and Clearance
- Issue 2: Bud’s Take on Basic Dynamic Load Rating
- Issue 3: Bud’s Take on What is Radial Preloading?
- Issue 4: Bud’s Take on Ceramic Ball Bearings & Induction Heating
- Issue 4A: Follow-up on the Article on Ceramic Ball Bearings & Induction Heating
- Issue 5: Bud’s Take on Can a Cage be the Root Cause of Bearing Failure?
- Issue 6: Bud’s Take on Bearing Storage & Handling
- Issue 7: Bud’s Take on Importance of Correct Bearing Selection
- Issue 8: Bud’s Take on EASA Accreditation and Bearing Analysis I
- Issue 9: Bud’s Take on EASA Accreditation and Bearing Analysis II
- Issue 10: Bud’s Take on Grease Fill Amount
- Issue 11: Bud’s Take on Bearing Temperature
- Issue 12: Bud’s Take on How to Justify the Cost of Ceramic Ball Bearings
- Issue 13: Bud’s Take on Re-Visit of Excessive Grease
- Issue 14: Bud’s Take on Grease Compatibility
- Issue 15: Bud’s Take on Ball Manufacturing and Resultant Accuracy
- Issue 16: Bud’s Take on Condition Monitoring
- Issue 17: Bud’s Take on Is Fretting Corrosion a Function of Water or Chemical Attack?
- Issue 18: Bud’s Take on The Difference Between True and False Brinelling
- Issue 19: Bud’s Take on How Does Contamination Affect Bearing Clearance and Bearing Life?
- Issue 20: Bud’s Take on Basic Bearing Life Rating
- Issue 21: Buds’ Take on Preload
- Issue 22: Bud’s Take on Bearing Temperatures Influence on Grease
- Issue 23: Bud’s Take on Unique Ball Damage
- Issue 24: Bud’s Take on Bearings 101: “It’s All Ball Bearings”
- Issue 25: Bud’s Take on Bearings 101: Roller Bearings
- Issue 26: Bud’s Take on Grey Market and Counterfeit Bearings
- Issue 27: Bud’s Take on The Value of Service & Support
- Issue 28: Bud’s Take on Required Minimum Load